A beautiful learning..

2:16 AM Posted In Edit This 4 Comments »
Rushing through the office... catching the BIAS 8 volvo, straight from electronic City to the Airport, a 2.5 hrs drive... without an ipod (forgot to charge it) and a phone low on battery.. listening to the Kannada songs played in the bus.. observing the busy Bangalore roads all through the way, I managed to reach the airport on time and check in before 40 mins (as per the rule :D)) I boarded the flight and was comfortably seated in my ‘asked for’ window seat :) The instructions and all were given and finally the flight took off...
I was carrying a book in my handbag, but for some reason, I dint feel like reading it.. so, again I started looking out of the window.. After crossing the glitz of the city, the flight was now amidst a bed of clouds.... it was a wonderful sight.. it was like an illimitable canvas.. spread wide across... painted beautifully with a limited set of colors.. the first patch was pleasant light blue... what followed was a dark grey patch of clouds and then again a little darker shade of blue... and then a serene blue till my eyes could view...
As I observed the blue-white-grey maculation of the clouds, I couldn’t help but compare this canvas with the canvas of life.. Isn’t life the same? We face varied situations, some very good, just like the pleasant light blue patch, some very bad, sad, just like the dark grey patch... Some showing hope, just like the dark blue... but what I learnt from the view is, whatever the shade of the patch be, what lies ahead is the wide expanse of the serene blue.. That means, whatever phases of life we come across, good, bad, sad or happy, they are all just transient phases.. they all will pass through.. even if we wish to, we can’t really hold on to any of those.. it’s the cycle of life, after the good comes the bad, and after the bad comes good again... but the life that lies ahead promises to be calm and unruffled... just like the serene, peaceful and completely clear sky....
I gladly took an eyeful of the sight... and got down the plane hoping, may the patch of grey clouds be small in our lives... and most of it be painted with the strokes of bright blue!

4 comments:

BornIndividualist said...

Nice read. I don't know how to put it, but there is something 'serenely attractive' in those bed of clouds, that colour of sky that becomes prominent especially while traveling in plane and makes one philosophical. I too had once written something similar on my blog sometime back in a post called 'window seat'.

I do remember reading an article by you in 'The Hitvada' long back during engineering days which was 'quite good', so surprised to see few articles on your blog. Hope to read more from you in future. :)
-Kunal Nichkawade

Nirupama said...

Hey Vandu!
I always love to fly :) And very true, it's a lesson learnt... A nice read :)

Keep Writing!! :)

Vandana said...

@Kunal : Hey thanks a lot for giving it a read :)
I got to be reading that blog of urs... The view by the window seat jst cant let the thoughts stop rushing through...
Am glad u remember reading my article in The Hitvada! Unfortunately, i dint continue writing since then :(( But am back now... hope to write a lot more now!

Vandana said...

@Niru : Me tooooo! Glad u liked it!
And thanks for keeping me motivated :P