I am back!

10:23 PM Posted In Edit This 6 Comments »
It’s been long time. I really don’t remember the last time I actually did sit back to pen down my thoughts.. not that am penning them down now:) Time has moved ahead.. now am typing it!! So, u can guess when was the last time I had written it out.. it’s almost been 7-8 years.. gosh.. long time... I don’t even know why I suddenly gave up.. I had some qualms about it.. still unable to figure out what, why? I probably felt I don’t quite fit the regime.. I felt I aint no good..
But since a past few months am being governed by this whim: I want to start writing again. I want to take these innumerable thoughts out on paper! And here I am! Ready to recompense on the lost time... Ohh how much have I missed.. its possibly difficult to find out.. But I am not going to miss it anymore :D And now that I have decided, you will have to bear with me :P
To begin with, let me tell you how the idea clicked! I was all set to leave Pune, such a wonderful place it is... It was really sad leaving the city, my lovely friends there, my old company, colleagues.. it was a doleful experience. Nevertheless, it was my decision to move on.. to a new city, the Silicon Valley, the Rock capital of India, Bangalore, now Bengaluru, .. a city with some known and more of unknown people.. I knew Pune, being in Maharashtra, was always an easy option to get settled in.. I don’t deny the possibility of getting back to the city but I had to move out of my comfort zone and explore the acculturation of other cities across the country.. Bengaluru calling high time!!! Pune things were all wrapped up, I went to my hometown Nagpur, before finally moving to bengaluru.. One thing for sure, no matter wherever I move, in the country, or elsewhere, Nagpur will be my home.. home sweet home.. I have spent a whole 22 years of my life out there.. a journey from being a child to a young girl.. it was all experienced in Nagpur afterall! Well, so, I was in Nagpur, digging my old shelf to discover stuff that I can take along to my new bivouac. It has already been 4years since i moved out of my house.. like a little bird would leave her nest to fly to a new world.. to learn new things, to germinate its personality and then evolve... anyways, so now, my shelf was no more my property.. it now belonged to my younger sister and she had totally amalgamated it with her own shelf, beautifully. My belongings were moved to the upper unit, where they dwelled safely, untouched. Only to be examined by me, whenever i felt like getting in touch with my older self. I felt like it, and so I was going through the whole bunch of my greeting cards, old letters of friends, my debate, elocution write ups, my compering scripts.. it was all there.. and amidst the whole bunch, i saw a few stray pages of my notebooks. I must admit, it was fun to read through those!!
I will tell you what it was like.. While studying i would have written over the memorable points of a lengthy answer, and then there would be a para describing my feelings about a random topic... about saving trees, about the education system, about a family gathering, some cribbing when I must have been angry, a prayer to God on why I am not able to concentrate on my studies.. it was written in an abstract manner.. but totally displaying my trail of thoughts at that point in time. So, innocent, so naive. Ohh, I was so glad i found them..
That’s when i pondered, had I continued writing and at the same time preserving my write-ups, I would have been able to track down the changes in me over a period of time. All of us grow, some change, some don’t. We grasp things from the people around us, some good some bad. We learn, we forget. We fall, we resurge. Over a period of time, we undergo changes which we don’t quite realise. Just like historians try to trace the facts from the books of that particular era.. we can actually see the metamorphosis we have undergone through these varied outcomes of our brain at different stages of our lives. We can get in touch with ourselves (of the past) and look at where we have reached now (in present) just by reading through what we had written. How convenient!
So, why not start creating a treasure of our own old self as we move ahead in life... if not with others, we can at least get in touch with ourselves, whenever we want!
And so, I have decided, I want to have my riches when I am 60.
I want to create my own treasure.

6 comments:

Anupama said...

Awesooooooooooome!! Welcome to the blogworld babes! The best of my wishes for a long and most successful journey in the world of writing!!

Very interesting blog name btw!

Keep writing :)

Nirupama said...

Welcome back Vandu!! Please keep writing! I really loved the last line of this post "I have decided, I want to have my riches when I am 60.
I want to create my own treasure."
Very true! :)

Vandana said...

Anuuuuuuuu!! Thanks a lot dear!Yeah, I so much hope to continue :)Am glad you liked the blog name :) Afterall, i truly am on exploration :D)

Vandana said...

Nirrruuu!! Thank you.. Thank you.. I already have lost on so much of time.. dont wanna lose any further! Lets create our treasures :D)

Geetika said...

hey vandu this is gr8 ... i started blogging in 2008 ... but sumhow did not pursue that further ... beent thinking bout penning my new experiences and older ones too ... but sumhow cum up with sum silly excuses ... truly its time to start gathering the treasures now ...

Vandana said...

@Geetu : Start writing again gurl!! jaldi!! I'd also given up yaar... but it came back :)
Chal ab tu bhi shuru ho jaaa!!